Music Made Easy (Online Course)
Gain complete understanding of rhythm, melody, and harmony and recognize pitches on the musical staff and keyboard. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read, write, and even play simple pieces of music!
If you enjoy music and would like to know more about what makes it work, this is the course for you. You’ll gain a complete understanding of rhythm, melody, and harmony, and you’ll be able to recognize pitches on the musical staff and on the keyboard. Each lesson will build on previous lessons, while also introducing new musical concepts.
You’ll explore the keyboard in full detail, with an emphasis on the structure of major scale and the signatures of major keys. You will examine the many significant contributions early music theorists made to the understanding of music and be able to build intervals, major scales, and chords. By the time you complete this comprehensive and full-featured course, you’ll be able to read, write, and even play simple pieces of music!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- You must have speakers or headphones.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course is geared towards those who have no musical background, those who play but do not read music, or anyone who is interested in understanding the fundamentals of music. There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00