Praxis Core Preparation (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Develop the knowledge and skills you need to pass the Praxis Core Exam as you review and prepare for everything the test includes.
Are you a prospective teacher who needs to pass the Praxis Core Exam? Have you already attempted the Praxis Core and not been successful? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this course is for you.
You will get familiar with the different types of questions that appear on the reading and writing tests. You will master the many areas of math that you will be tested on: number operations, negative numbers, exponents, square roots, order of operations, decimals, fractions, percentages, algebra, geometry, systems of measurement, and probability and statistics. To prepare for the two essays, you will learn what constitutes high scoring essays and go through the process of writing each essay in the amount of time allotted.
You will also learn useful test-taking strategies and have the opportunity to take a full-length practice test in each subject area. Using clear explanations, numerous examples, graphics, animation, and videos, this course will not only prepare you for the Praxis Core, but do so in a fun and interesting way. After completing this course, you will be ready to pass the Praxis Core Exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00