Secrets of the Caterer (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Discover how to put your cooking and party planning skills to work in an exciting and creative career as a caterer. Learn fundamentals of catering business including how to cook for large crowds, organize your kitchen, manage your time, and work with clients, as well as some great recipe ideas to jump-start your career.
Catering is a business that has become very popular, especially for those who love to cook and plan parties. From weddings, to showers, to business parties, catering is a home-based business that gives the caterer an exciting and creative career.
In this introductory course, you will learn how to put your cooking and party planning skills to work. Learn the fundamentals of the catering business, how to cook for large crowds, organize your kitchen, manage your time, and work with clients. The course focuses on cooking skills every caterer needs, with an introduction to the business side of catering. You’ll also receive many unique and tested recipes that you can use to jump-start your business. Build your catering skills and begin a new and exciting career today.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Food preparation laws and licensing vary from state-to-state. It is important to always check your local and state government for licensing information and restrictions.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00