Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies (Online Course)
In this teacher training course, you will learn Singapore’s innovative and practical strategies for solving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
Singaporean teachers make math purposeful, interesting, and relevant using a layered curriculum founded on solid number sense and concrete, pictorial, and abstract computational strategies. This course will introduce numerous strategies to create meaningful math lessons of your own.
You will be introduced to what Singapore Math is and how it has become such a powerful and highly regarded math curriculum. Then you discover how number sense and place value instruction are the basis for all Singapore Math. From there, you will learn a variety of computational strategies to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division a cinch.
You won’t need a passport to discover the curriculum of the world’s math leader!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00