Teaching Smarter With SMART Boards (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Master the use of SMART Board and SMART Notebook technology so you can create powerful interactive lessons that capture your students’ attention.
Having SMART Boards in the classroom and knowing how to use them to provide quality instruction are two different things! If you have a SMART Board in your classroom, but have little training in using it, you may be wondering, “what on earth do I do with it?”
In this course, you will discover how to create outstanding presentations with SMART Board and SMART Notebook technology. You will explore the basics of using these tools and discover how to create your own SMART board lessons blending text, videos, and graphics. You will also go beyond the bells and whistles and look at specific ways to use SMART technology to broaden your content and make your lessons accessible to all students. Finally, you will get some simple trouble-shooting tips that will come in handy if your SMART board isn’t acting as smart as it should.
By the time you’re done with this course, you will be an expert at using your new high-tech tools to plan SMART board lessons that provide engaging, thought-provoking, and easy-to-update material for today’s media-savvy learners.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
SMART Software Technical Requirements (Windows) (not included in enrollment):
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor or better
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM for 4K/UHD displays)
- Free hard disk space: 4.7 GB
- Windows 8 or newer.1 or Windows 10 operating system
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5.1 for SMART Notebook software and SMART Ink
- Microsoft Visual Studio® Tools 2010 for Office for SMART Ink
- DirectX® technology 10 or later for SMART Notebook software
- Internet Explorer® Internet browser 8 or later
- Internet access to download Gallery content and Language Packs
- DirectX 10 compatible graphics hardware for SMART Notebook software
- Windows 8 or newerPlatform Update KB2670838
- Windows Update KB3033929
Note: You will receive instructions in Lesson 3 to download the SMART software. If you will be using the 30-day free trial offer, please do not download it prior to Lesson 3.
Note: This course was written for the Windows Operating System. There is similar SMART software available for Mac O/S X. If you take this course and are using a Mac, please be advised there are noticeable differences between the Windows version and the Mac version.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00