Write and Publish Your Nonfiction Book (Online Course)
Learn how to become a professional author or advance your career by learning to write, edit, and publish nonfiction books of all types. This course will teach you the strategies and techniques you will need to finish and publish your own book.
Whether you dream of becoming a full-time author, writing books to advance your career, or penning your memoir or family history, this fun and information-packed course will teach you how to plan, research, write, edit, and publish your masterpiece.
You’ll learn how to immerse yourself in your subject and get the information you need from research, interviews, and observation techniques. You’ll see how to choose a writing style, structure, and slant that will appeal to your unique audience and keep readers hooked. You will also discover exactly how today’s traditional publishing industry works and what techniques you can use—such as crafting standout query letters and proposals—to get noticed by editors and agents. Above all, you’ll get invaluable strategies for setting a writing schedule, banishing writer’s block, and actually finishing your book! By the end of this course, you’ll have all the tools at your fingertips to get your book completed and published!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00