About This LicenseThis license covers electrical work under $25,000 per job. Those who work in counties having a codes office, which performs their own inspections (such as Davidson/Nashville, Hamilton County, City of Chattanooga, Shelby/Memphis, Knox, Knoxville, City of Franklin, etc.), licensing and testing, the LLE is not accepted.
Exam Prep CourseWe offer exam prep for the electrical exam in an online training format. The course includes
- highlighting guides
- practice tests
- instructor support
- test taking tips/strategies.
How Access (And Get The Most Out Of) Online Course MaterialOne of the great benefits of online courses is that you can take them anytime and virtually anywhere. As long as you have internet access, you can access your course materials. After you have purchased your online course with AtHomePrep, simply login to access your study material. Everything you need will be found on your account page. We also have education specialists standing by via chat, phone or email to answer any questions you might have. That being said, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your online course:
- Set aside regular time to study. Take the time you need to thoroughly go through the course and take your time with the tabs to make sure you get them placed just right.
- Try to find a quiet place to study or use headphones to create your own environment where you can focus on the material. Distractions are unavoidable, but many of our students have told us that they performed the best after being in a focused study environment.
- Get a good rest before the exam. Many studies show a link between a well-rested mind and higher test scores.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 40 questions and a 2-hour time limit
- 72.5% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include
- general knowledge and electrical installation requirements;
- services, feeders, and branch circuits;
- overcurrent protection;
- grounding and bonding;
- conductors and cables; raceways and boxes;
- hazardous locations, special occupancies, and special equipment;
- low voltage, alarms, signaling systems, and communications;
- lighting, and signs and general use equipment.
- Check with PSI for current exam fees.
Books and References for the ExamThe following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2017 National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- National Electrical Code Handbook
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- NFPA 70E – Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, 2012
- Ugly’s Electrical References
Applying For Your LicenseIn order to obtain the Limited Licensed Electrician (LLE) license, the LLE trade exam is required. Submit a copy of your passing exam score with your completed LLE License Application, with the two year license fee of $50.00.
Complete the online application, attach scanned exam scores, photo-ID, and submit with payment by credit or debit card.@HomePrep has the experience and expertise to help you prepare for and pass your Tennessee Mechanical Plumbers licensing exam. Get started today by selecting your state to find the right course for you! Or visit our extensive Bookstore to find the materials you need to pass your upcoming exam. Additional Resources Tennessee Electrical Contractors License Exam Prep Courses Online Contractor’s Bookstore TN Dept of Commerce and Insurance Law, Rules and Regulations LLE – License Law LLE Rules and Regulations for Licensing and Performing Work [pdf]