Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Massachusetts Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Massachusetts Business Law (Master Electrician) – Books Only Package$89.99
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Massachusetts Business Law (Master Electrician) – Examination Materials:
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law, Project Management – Basic
- Basic Business Law Printed Tabs
- 29 CFR OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations & Standards, January 2023 Edition
- OSHA Part 1926 Tabs
Requirements To Complete
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
To become a Master Electrician in Massachusetts, candidates will have to pass a trade exam and a business and law exam. Please note that no other trades require the business and law portion to be passed.
- The Massachusetts Master Electrician Business and Law Exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 2 hours.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include licensing; estimating and bidding; lien law; financial management; tax laws; labor laws; project management; contracts; risk management; and environment and safety.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
- Master Electricians are required to pay a fee of $267 to PSI. This fee includes Examination fees (Trade and Law), MA License application processing, and PSI application processing.
- Scores are only valid for 90 days. If you do not pass both parts within 90 days, you will be required to pay all fees again.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractors bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Contractors Business and Project Management
- OSHA Part 1926
- Rules and Regulations Governing Electricians and Systems Installers (Available to Print Online)
- General Laws of Massachusetts, MGL Chapter 141 (Available to Print Online)
- Massachusetts Inspection of Buildings, MGL Chapter 143 (Available to Print Online)
- Massachusetts Lien Law, MGL Chapter 254 (Available to Print Online)
- Massachusetts Overtime and Minimum Wage Law, MGL Chapter 151 (Available to Print Online)
- Massachusetts Workers Compensation Law, MGL Chapter 152 (Available to Print Online)
- Massachusetts State Employment Law (Available to Print Online)
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not offer review for this exam. Please continue to check back with us as we are always adding new programs.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.