Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Alabama Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Alabama Electrical Contractor License and Exam$219.99
This course covers information regarding the National Electrical Code and other material used for your state exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory (This includes additional NEC practice, electrical theory, calculations and transformer information)
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Alabama Application Processing$149.99 – $249.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Alabama Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Master Electrician has the experience, knowledge and skill to provide electrical services in all aspects of the electrical trade, in a manner that complies with applicable plans, specifications, codes or law.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval from the Alabama Electrical Contractors Board is required to sit for examination and there are no requirements for continuing education.
- A minimum of 4 years field experience is required.
- 1 year of electrical education can be substituted for 1/2 year of experience.
- In order to do projects over $50,000 an additional Subcontractor License is needed from the General Contractors Board.
Applying For Your License
The examination/application fee (paid directly to the board) is $165.00 whereas the fee to obtain the license is an additional $200.00.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Alabama Electrical Contractor exam consists of 110 questions and has a time limit of five hours.
- The examination is OPEN book.
- A score of 75% (83 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Business Management and Law is incorporated within this examination.
- To schedule an examination, contact ProV at 1-866-720-7768.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are used on the both the Electrical Contractor and Electrical Journeyman examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractors bookstore. Your references are permitted to be tabbed and highlighted.
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- American Electricians Handbook
The following reference is used the Electrical Contractor examination only. It may be purchased from our online contractors bookstore.
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Management
- Alabama Electrical Contractors Supplement to the Contractors Guide
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the electrical exam in an online training format.The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
Applicants are required to complete 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years. We offer this online. Click here to learn more.
This license has reciprocity with Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.