Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Georgia Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Georgia Master Plumber License (Class I and II) – IFGC and IPC Practice Tests$89.99
All plumbing work in Georgia requires a license and pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination. Class 1 – 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years as primary experience. Class 2 – 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years as primary experience. And, must include experience with commercial or industrial plumbing. As of this time, we offer practice tests online for the code books. Each time you take the practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online educati…
Georgia Application Processing$249.99 – $449.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Georgia Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Journeyman Plumber license allows for the installation, maintenance, alteration, and repair of plumbing fixtures and systems under the direction of a Master Plumber.
A Master Plumber is a person who performs or contracts to perform plumbing services.
- Class 1 is restricted to plumbing work involving single-family dwellings, one-level dwellings designed for no more than 2 families and commercial structures not exceeding 10,000 sq. feet.
- Class 2 license has no restrictions as to the type of plumbing work allowed.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
All plumbing work in Georgia requires a license.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- Georgia Business and Law exam is NOT required.
- Applicants must be able to document at least 3 years of plumbing experience, to qualify for the Journeyman‘s exam
- Class 1 – 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years as primary experience.
- Class 2 – 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years as primary experience. And, must include experience with commercial or industrial plumbing.
Applying For Your License
To apply, contact the state of Georgia at 1-478-207-2440. A nonrefundable fee of $30.00 must be submitted with application. The application must be submitted to the Board at least 60 days before the next scheduled exam date. Applicants should receive an approval letter approximately 30 days prior to the exam. After the exam, passing candidates will receive their licenses in approximately six weeks.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The testing company is AMP (1-800-345-6559)
- Only offered 6 times per year and CLOSED book
- 100 questions and an 5-hour time limit (Journeyman)
- 140 questions and an 7-hour time limit (Master, Class 1)
- 168 questions and an 7-hour time limit (Master, Class 2)
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $248 for masters and $240 for journeyman
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are recommended to study for the Georgia Master and Journeyman Plumbing examinations. However, they can NOT be taken into the exams. These references are available for purchase from our online contractors’ bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law, and Project Management – Georgia Construction Industry Licensing Board, 4th edition
- Blueprint Reading for Plumbers, Residential and Commercial
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Plumbing Technology, Design and Installation
- Digsmart Excavator Manual, Call Before You Dig!
The following references are also needed to study for the exam. They are available to print online free of charge.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Your Responsibilities as an Employer
- Georgia Amendments to the IFGC
- Georgia Amendments to the IPC
- Georgia Accessibility Code
- Employer’s Tax Guide, Circular E
The following Reference is used only for the Master exam.
- OSHA Part 1926
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we offer practice tests online for the code books. Each time you take the practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
4 hours per year are required. We have offer this online.