Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Gas Fitter field? Study at home for your Nevada Gas Fitter license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Nevada Gas Equipment Contractor (C-38)$164.99
To qualify to take this license exam, pre-approval is required. Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the installation of pipes from the source of supply of liquefied petroleum or natural gas into a building or other structure and the installation of the related vents, the installation of appliances and equipment requiring connection to a supply of liquefied petroleum or natural gas, the fabrication and installation of systems for the heating of air with liquefied petroleum or natural gas and for circulating the air.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval is required.
- 4 years of experience within the past 10 years.
- 4 reference certificates concerning their work experience.
- A background check
- All applicants must submit current financial statements to the state licensing board. Monetary limits are set based on financial standing.
- All contractors are required to obtain a bond. The amount of the bond ($1,000 - $500,000) is determined by the board based on license type, monetary limit, past, present, and future financial responsibility, experience and character of the applicant.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Apply through the NV Contractors Board.
Applying For Your License
- Pre-approval is required.
- Fees: $600.00 ($300 application fee and $300 licensing fee).
- Apply through The NV Contractors Board.
- 50 questions
- 2 hours
- 70% required to pass
- Topics include Natural Gas Piping, LP Gas Piping, Chimneys Flues and Vents, Appliance Installation, Sizing and Estimating, Testing and Inspection, and Combustion Air
- To schedule your exams, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2014 NFPA 58 - Standard for Liquid Petroleum Gas Code
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the exam.
- 2012 NFPA 54 - Standard for National Fuel Gas Code
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Gas Equipment Contractor exam through online exam review. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program narrated and animated.
Limited reciprocity agreements with California, Arizona, and Utah. There is no reciprocity for the plumbing and electrical trades. Applicants must have at least 7 years of experience and meet all licensing requirements.