Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your South Carolina Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
South Carolina Residential Plumber – IRC and IPC Practice Tests$189.98
This license allows all plumbing work on residential structures consisting of sixteen units or less, and not exceeding 3-stories in height. Please note that the Residential Business and Law Exam must be passed in addition to the trade exam. Pre-approval is required before sitting for the exam and a minimum of one year of experience is required to qualify. Residential Plumbing Contractors are required to obtain a Surety Bond of at least $10,000, if the work is in excess of $5,000. @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied s…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license allows all plumbing work on residential structures consisting of sixteen units or less, and not exceeding 3-stories in height.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Please note that the Residential Business and Law Exam must be passed in addition to the trade exam.
- Pre-approval is required before sitting for the exam
- A minimum of one year of experience is required to qualify.
- Residential Plumbing Contractors are required to obtain a Surety Bond of at least $10,000, IF the work is in excess of $5,000
Applying For Your License
All applicants will be required to submit a credit report with their application. An application-processing fee of $100 must be sent with the application when seeking pre-approval. Licenses renew July 1 of each even numbered year. The licensing fee for the Residential Plumbing is $50 for 12 months or less and $100 for 12 months or more.
Licensing Board for Contractors
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, SC 29211
- 65 questions and a time limit of 3 hours.
- A score of 70% (44 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $75
- Topics include: General Plumbing Knowledge and Regulations, Piping, Valves, and Controls, Fixtures and Equipment, Water Supply, Drain, Water, and Vent and Sewers, Isometric Analysis, Safety, Specialty Applications.
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- International Plumbing Code 2018
- International Residential Code 2018
- OSHA 29. CFR 1926 for Contractors
Exam Review Education
We are currently in the process of developing courses for the South Carolina Plumbing Contractor License. We do however stock all of the state approved reference materials. For more information, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
No agreements at this time.