Colorado (Denver) Refrigeration Operator
To become a licensed Refrigeration Operator in the city of Denver, you are required to pass an open-book exam. We offer the books, tabs, and a fully online and inclusive educational course to prepare you to sit for the Denver Refrigeration Operator #228 exam. The online full exam review includes hundreds of questions and covers key concepts that you will be tested on. Study Tips, Highlighting Guide, Instructor Support, Practice Exams, Math and Calculations, Licensing Information. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
We offer review for the exam in an online format. The online full exam review includes hundreds of questions and covers key concepts that you will be tested on.
- Study Tips
- Highlighting Guide
- Instructor Support
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Licensing Information
Requirements To Complete
About This License
If you do repair or install refrigerations systems in Denver Colorado, you are required to take and pass a Code Council examination that is based on the International Mechanical Code.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
Three (3) years in refrigeration operation work as a trainee or apprentice on refrigeration systems of all types.
Notarized letter(s) must show WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE you gained the necessary experience for each project.
- List exact duties, projects performed, and equipment operated.
- Give exact start and end dates (month and year) and addresses for each project. Projects should have been completed within the last ten (10) years.
- List as many projects needed in order to cover the required amount of experience.
Applying For Your License
Passing an ICC contractor exam is NOT a license to practice and does not guarantee licensing in any jurisdiction. We highly recommend contacting the jurisdiction in which you wish to work for more information on their specific exam requirements for licensure.
ICC Exam #228 Colorado (Denver) Refrigeration Operator Exam
- 50 questions
- 2.5 hours
- 70% required to pass
- Topics include Theory, Terminology, and General Requirements, Compressors and Types of Systems, Evaporators, Condensers, and Cooling Towers, Piping Inspection and Field Testing, Air Ducts and Insulation, Electrical and Controls, Refrigerants, Operation Procedures, and Maintenance and Repairs.
- To schedule your exam, visit www.pearsonvue.com/icc/ or call Pearson VUE at 1-877-234-6082
Books and References for the Exam
The following books are permitted to be taken into the exam.
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Exam Review Education
Online Training: The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion. The program narrated and animated.