Colorado Electrical Exam Review
Need to pass your state electrical exam? Our program is designed to help on the first try! The program includes separate practice tests for each year of the code book (2011, 2014, 2017, or 2020).
Over 500 practice test questions covering:
- Wiring and Protection
- Wiring Methods and Materials
- Equipment for General Use
- Special Occupancies
- Special Equipment
- Special Conditions
- Communications System
Highlights and Calculations covering:
- Ohm’s Law
- NEC Highlights
- Box Fill
- Load Calculations
- Transformer Voltage
- Winding Turns
Colorado Electrical Exam Review Materials:
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try.
- Requires experience of five years for masters, two years or 3,400 hours for residential, and four years or 6,800 hours for journeymen.
- As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. However, we do have practice tests available for the 2012 International Plumbing Code.
- @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Requirements To Get A License
- Pre-approval from the Colorado State Electrical Board is required to sit for examination.
- Master Electrician’s must document five years of experience.
- Journeymen electricians must document four years of experience. Two years must be in commercial/industrial work.
- Residential wiremen must have two years of residential experience. Four years must be in wiring and one year in planning.
- Electrical Contractors must be, or employ, a full time master electrician. Contractors are required to comply with workers compensation law and unemployment compensation.
Books and References for the Exam
- The following reference is used on the electrical examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2020 National Electrical Code
Applying for Licensure
- Applications for electrical licensure can be obtained by contacting the Colorado state board by calling 1-303-894-7800.
- Prior to taking the exam, you will need to submit a license application along with the appropriate fee.
- After you are approved, you will receive an examination packet.
- The exam fee is $75. This fee is collected when you register for the exam.
- The exam has 90 questions, and a 4-hour limit.
- 70% is required to pass the exam.
- Testing agency is PSI.
- Please contact the state directly for information on continuing competency. We offer this online. Click here to learn more.
- The journeyman license is reciprocal with Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
There are no contributions yet.