Colorado Electrical Exam Review
Need to pass your state electrical exam? Our program is designed to help on the first try! The program includes separate practice tests for each year of the code book (2011, 2014, 2017, or 2020).
Over 500 practice test questions covering:
- Wiring and Protection
- Wiring Methods and Materials
- Equipment for General Use
- Special Occupancies
- Special Equipment
- Special Conditions
- Communications System
Highlights and Calculations covering:
- Ohm’s Law
- NEC Highlights
- Box Fill
- Load Calculations
- Transformer Voltage
- Winding Turns
Books and References for the Exam
- The following reference is used on the electrical examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2020 National Electrical Code
Applying for Licensure
- Applications for electrical licensure can be obtained by contacting the Colorado state board by calling 1-303-894-7800.
- Prior to taking the exam, you will need to submit a license application along with the appropriate fee.
- After you are approved, you will receive an examination packet.
- The exam fee is $75. This fee is collected when you register for the exam.
- The exam has 90 questions, and a 4-hour limit.
- 70% is required to pass the exam.
- Testing agency is PSI.
- Please contact the state directly for information on continuing competency. We offer this online. Click here to learn more.
- The journeyman license is reciprocal with Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.