Fundamentals of Construction Estimating 4th edition
This comprehensive resource offers thorough instruction on the principles of construction estimating and helps readers develop the skills they need to become professional estimators. FUNDAMENTALS OF CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING, Fourth Edition, presents estimating procedures in a straightforward and engaging way, clearly explaining key processes of estimating and costing construction work such as quantity takeoff; pricing of contractor work, sub-trade work, and site overhead; and compiling bid documents. In addition, the text includes drawings of two major projects–one residential and one commercial–to guide readers through a complete estimating process that can be followed by various trades on many different types of construction projects.
FUNDAMENTALS OF CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING 4th edition presents estimating procedures in a clear and precise manner explaining all the procedures of estimating the cost of construction work such as quantity takeoff, pricing of the contractor’s work, pricing sub-trade work, pricing site overhead and compiling bid documents. This book offers readers thorough instruction on the principles of construction estimating and the skills to become a professional estimator by using drawings for two complete projects – one residential and one commercial, thereby leading the reader through the complete estimating process which can be used in various trades on many different types of construction projects.
- Includes three different approaches to preparing an estimate: manual method, spreadsheet estimates and estimates compiled using dedicated software with many examples of Excel spreadsheets used in all aspects of estimating.
- Includes a limited sample version of the MC2 ICE* software for estimating.
- New chapters examine budget estimating and an estimating technique that promises higher accuracy to meet the growing need for budget forecasts.
- The concept of value analysis is covered, demonstrating how preliminary estimating can be used in the design stage of a project.
- New chapter on life-cycle costing where many worked examples show how the entire cash flow of various design options is the best choice for maximum efficiency.
- Includes a partial bibliography for students who wish to learn in more detail about the topics touched on.
- Includes end of chapter review questions to help identify major points and provide an opportunity to work through practical problems.
- Contains drawings for two complete projects, one residential, one commercial allows users to complete the estimating process for each.
- Updated information covers quantity take off, pricing of the contractor’s work, pricing sub trade work and compiling bid documents.
- Easy to follow step by step estimating process that can be used with the latest technology to produce accurate forecasts in the minimum amount of time.
- Thorough training in the principles of construction estimating teaches skills required to successfully become a professional estimator.