Mississippi Residential Builder Exam Review
The Mississippi Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Plans Analysis
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*The Business and Law Exam must be passed to become a licensed contractor
Books and References for the Exam
- The exam at PSI is open-book.
- You may bring the approved references into the exam, and reference manuals may be tabbed and highlighted.
- Tabs must be permanent adhesive tabs – removable tabs such as post-its are not allowed in the examination center.
Applying for Licensure
- The application fee for a new residential contractor license is $50.00.
- Mississippi State Board of Contractors
2679 Crane Ridge Dr. Suite, C
Jackson, MS 39216Phone: 800.880.6161
- This open book test covers information over 10 subject areas. The questions are created from content in the 9 book set.
- Exam Fee is $60
- There are 80 questions on the test.
- You must have a passing score of 70%.
- There is a time limit of 180 minutes.
- Mississippi has established residential reciprocity with Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
- If you have held a license in one of these states for three (3) consecutive years, the board may waive your trade exam. However, the Mississippi Law and Business Management exam is mandatory.