Nevada Electrical Contractor (C-2)
This course covers information regarding the Nevada C-2 exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math and Calculations
- Test Taking Tips
- Instructor Support
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try.
To qualify to become a licensed contractor you must have at least four years of experience. Credit for experience is given only for experience at a journeyman level or as a foreman, supervising employee or contractor. We offer review for the Electrical Contractor (C-2) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Requirements To Get A License
- To qualify to become a licensed contractor you must have the experience and skills necessary to manage the daily activities of a construction business, including field supervision. Or, you must be represented by someone else with the necessary experience and skills, who serves as your qualifying individual.
- You must have at least four years of experience to qualify. Credit for experience is given only for experience at a journeyman level or as a foreman, supervising employee or contractor.
- The contractor or other person who will act as the qualifying individual must have had, within the ten years immediately before the filing of the application, at least four full years of experience at a journeyman level, or as a foreman, supervisor, or contractor in the classification for which you are applying.
- You must submit a current financial statement (statement) with the application.
- Each contractor’s license issued in the State of Nevada requires a license bond. The Nevada State Contractors Board determines the amount of the bond at the time of license approval. The bond can vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000. When determining the amount of bond required, the Board will consider the type of license requested, monetary limit granted, past, present or future financial responsibility, experience, and character of the applicant.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2011 NEC
- 2013 NFPA 72
The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination.
- Ugly’s Electrical Reference
- OSHA 1926
- 2012 National Electrical Safety Code
- Lineman’s and Cableman’s Handbook
Applying for Licensure
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 80 questions and 4 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include general electrical knowledge, service, feeders, and branch circuits, grounding and bonding, conductors and cables, raceways and boxes, special occupancies and equipment, electrical power, motors, low voltage, lighting, illuminated signs, fire detection and alarm systems, safety information, transmission lines and overcurrent protection.
- Exam fee is $95 for the trade or $140 for both the trade and the Contract Managment Survey Exam
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
There are no contributions yet.