Nevada Electrical Contractor (C-2)
This course covers information regarding the Nevada C-2 exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math and Calculations
- Test Taking Tips
- Instructor Support
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2011 NEC
- 2013 NFPA 72
The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination.
- Ugly’s Electrical Reference
- OSHA 1926
- 2012 National Electrical Safety Code
- Lineman’s and Cableman’s Handbook
Applying for Licensure
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 80 questions and 4 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include general electrical knowledge, service, feeders, and branch circuits, grounding and bonding, conductors and cables, raceways and boxes, special occupancies and equipment, electrical power, motors, low voltage, lighting, illuminated signs, fire detection and alarm systems, safety information, transmission lines and overcurrent protection.
- Exam fee is $95 for the trade or $140 for both the trade and the Contract Managment Survey Exam
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed.