Ohio Plumbing Exam Review
The Ohio Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*The Business and Law Exam must be passed to become a licensed contractor
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try.
Passing the Business and Law Exam is required to be licensed and you are required to have prior approval from the State Board before testing. You are required to have 5 years documentable experience in the classification desired or have been an engineer with 3 years of business experience in the construction industry. We offer review for the exam in an online format. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, and math. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Requirements To Get A License
- Passing the Business and Law Exam is required to be licensed.
- Required to have prior approval from the State Board before testing.
- Have 5 years documentable experience in the classification desired or have been an engineer with 3 years of business experience in the construction industry.
- In addition to the $25.00 license fee, individuals must also send proof of $500,000 minimum contractor liability insurance
Books and References for the Exam
These books are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references are allowed in the testing center:
- Ohio Plumbing Code, 2017
- International Fuel and Gas Code, 2015
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Modern Plumbing
Applying for Licensure
Complete the license application accurately and mail it with a $25 application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Treasurer, State of Ohio at the address listed below. The license application fee is nonrefundable. Upon receipt of your application, OCILB will determine your eligibility to take the examination.
Ohio Department of Commerce
Division of Industrial Compliance
Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board
6606 Tussing Road, P.O. Box 4009
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-9009
- 100 questions and a time limit of 4 hrs
- Exam requires a 70% to pass.
- Topics on the examination includes: Plumbing Fixtures, Plumbing Materials & Fundamentals, Traps, Cleanouts, & Interceptors, Special Requirements, Drainage Requirements, Vents, Water Distribution, Plan Analysis
- Call PSI for testing info at 1-800-733-9267
There are no contributions yet.