Oklahoma Plumbing Exam Review
The Oklahoma Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*The Business and Law Exam must be passed to become a licensed contractor
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
Applying for Licensure
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board calling 1-405-521-6550.
Application and License Fees
- Plumbing Contractor $225.00 (License $200.00 / Processing $25.00)
- Plumbing Journeyman (Reciprocal or otherwise) $75.00 (License $50.00 / Processing $25.00)
Licenses are good for 1 year.
- To take the exam, you must be preapproved by the state.
- The exam has 80 questions and a time limit of 180 minutes
- A score of 75% is needed to pass.
- The exam fee is $88. If you are sitting for the trade exam and the business law exam in the same session, the fee for both parts combined is $88.
- Topics on the exam include general knowledge and math; general requirements pertaining to administration, structural, backflow, materials and supports, joints and connections, storm drains, testing; water supply and distribution; fixtures including water heaters; drain, waste, and vent systems including indirect and special waste; traps, cleanouts, and interceptors; isometric analysis; gas appliances and piping; and OSHA safety.
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.