South Carolina Plumbing Exam Review
The South Carolina Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*The Business and Law Exam must be passed to become a licensed contractor
Books and References for the Exam
- The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- International Fuel Gas Code 2018 or SC Fuel Gas Code 2018
- International Plumbing Code 2018 or SC Plumbing code 2018
- Mathematics for Plumbers & Pipefitters, 8th Edition
- South Carolina 811 Excavator Manual
- International Residential Code 2018 or SC Residential Code 2018
- International Plumbing Code 2018 or SC Plumbing Code 2018
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations
Applying for Licensure
- Information about applying and required fees can be found below.
- 80 questions and a time limit of 4 hours
- A score of 70% (56 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $75 per portion
- 65 questions and a time limit of 2 1/2 hours.
- A score of 67.7% (44 questions) is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $75 for one portion and $90 for two.
- Topics include: ADA Assembly, General Plumbing Knowledge, General Plumbing Regulations, Hangers and Supports, Materials, Joints and Connections, Fixtures and Equipment, Water Heaters, Water Supply and Distribution, Backflow Prevention, Sanitary Drainage Systems, Cleanouts, Indirect and Special Waste, Sanitary Venting, Traps and Interceptors, Storm Piping Systems, Plumbing- Developed Length, DWV Isometric Analysis, Water Supply Isometric Analysis, Roof Drain Isometric Analysis, Pipe Assembly, Valves, General Fuel Knowledge, Natural Gas, LP Gas
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.
- There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
- Residential- Contact SC Residential Builders Commission
- Commercial- Contact SC Contractors Licensing Board