Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician (TN LLE)
This course covers information regarding the National Electrical Code and other material used for your state exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory (This includes additional NEC practice, electrical theory, calculations and transformer information)
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try. A Limited Licensed Electricians license is required in Tennessee for electrical projects that do not exceed $25,000. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Requirements To Get A License
A Limited Licensed Electricians license is required in Tennessee for electrical projects that do not exceed $25,000.
- For electrical projects that exceed $25,000, an Electrical Contractors license is required.
- Please note that the Tennessee Business and Law exam is NOT required to be passed to obtain your LLP as this license does NOT make you a contractor.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017
- National Electrical Code (NEC) Handbook, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, 2012
- Ugly’s Electrical References
Applying for Licensure
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors by calling 1-800-544-7693. The licensing and application fee is $250.00.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 40 questions and a 2-hour time limit
- 72.5% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $57.
- Topics on the exam include general knowledge and electrical installation requirements; services, feeders, and branch circuits; overcurrent protection; grounding and bonding; conductors and cables; raceways and boxes; hazardous locations, special occupancies, and special equipment; low voltage, alarms, signaling systems, and communications; lighting, and signs and general use equipment.
There are no contributions yet.