Tennessee Limited Licensed Plumber (TN LLP)
The Tennessee Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Books and References for the Exam
- The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
Applying for Licensure
- An application for licensure can be obtained from the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors by calling 1-800-544-7693.
- The licensing and application fee is $75.00.
- Please note that you will have to check with the city/county you are intending to work in to see if they will recognize this license.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 40 questions and a 2 hour time limit
- 73% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $57.
- Topics on the exam include general knowledge and math; general requirements pertaining to administration, structural, backflow, materials and supports, joints and connections, storm drains, testing; water supply and distribution; fixtures including water heaters; drain, waste, and vent systems including indirect and special waste; traps, cleanouts, and interceptors; isometric analysis; gas appliances and piping; and OSHA safety.
- There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
- Tennessee has limited reciprocity agreement with the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.