Virginia Plumbing Exam Review
The Virginia Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. You can purchase the references from our online bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- Virginia Board for Contractors, Individual License and Certification Regulations
Applying for Licensure
Applications for licensure can be obtained from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation State Board for Contractors by calling 1-804-367-8511.
You are required to submit your application to the Board prior to taking the examination. Applications can be downloaded by Clicking Here
- Pre-approval is required to sit for the exam.
- The journeyman and master plumbing portions have 80 questions and a time limit of 210 minutes.
- The fee for the journeyman portion is $100 while the master portion has a fee of $125.
- Both examinations have a passing score of 60%.
- Topics on the exam include drainage waste and vents; water supply systems; backflow prevention; storm drainage systems; plumbing fixtures; general regulations; interceptors and traps; standards of practice; standards of conduct; renewal and reinstatement; definitions; qualification for licensure; and revocation of licensure.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.