Virginia Plumbing Exam Prep
This exam prep course takes the learner through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing exactly what to highlight. After highlighting is completed in each book, you have the option to take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program is fully narrated. Pre-approval from the State licensing board is required to take the exam, and this preapproval can be obtained by submitting a completed application. To become either a journeyman plumber or a master plumber, there are two examination portions that must be passed: statutory and regulatory portion and the trade portion. To become a plumbing contractor, a Virginia Class A, B, or C license must also be obtained along with a master plumber license.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. You can purchase the references from our online bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
Regulatory Reference for all Tradesman Examinations:
Applying for Licensure
Applications for licensure can be obtained from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation State Board for Contractors by calling 1-804-367-8511.
You are required to submit your application to the Board prior to taking the examination. Applications can be downloaded by Clicking Here
- Pre-approval is required to sit for the exam.
- The journeyman and master plumbing portions have 80 questions and a time limit of 210 minutes.
- The fee for the journeyman portion is $100 while the master portion has a fee of $125.
- Both examinations have a passing score of 60%.
- Topics on the exam include drainage waste and vents; water supply systems; backflow prevention; storm drainage systems; plumbing fixtures; general regulations; interceptors and traps; standards of practice; standards of conduct; renewal and reinstatement; definitions; qualification for licensure; and revocation of licensure.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
What's Included In This Course
The Virginia Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.