Did you know Texas requires all electrical contractors, including Residential Wireman, to have an approved license for all jobs? Since 1997, AtHomePrep has helped over 350,000 students obtain their contractors license. Our Texas Electrical courses are taught by an electrical professional who had to take this test just like you. And with our No Pass, No Pay policy, it’s risk free for you. AtHomePrep offers hundreds state approved courses, including Texas Residential Wireman exam prep.
Pre-Exam RequirementsIn the state of Texas, applicants must obtain pre-approval from the state licensing board before testing To be approved, you must submit your experience qualifications
Experience QualificationsTo obtain a Residential Wireman license, you must log 4,000 hours of on-the-job training under the supervision of a Master Electrician or another Residential Wireman licensed in Texas. You must obtain verification from each Master Electrician or Residential Wireman who trained you and sign an Experience Verification Form (PDF). form documenting your experience.
Done Right the First TimeWe’ll make sure your application for a Wireman Licensure is completed correctly and promptly. Our comprehensive service will ensure your privacy and comfort throughout the process. After you’ve purchased our @HomePrep Application Processing., our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you!
Online Exam Prep CoursesTexas Residential Wireman Exam Review includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test-taking tips/strategies. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Access (And Get The Most Out Of) Online Course MaterialWith an online course, you can study at your convenience and virtually anywhere. You just need internet access to access your course materials. After you have purchased your online course with AtHomePrep, simply login to access your study material. Everything you need will be found on your account page. We also have education specialists standing by via chat, phone or email to answer any questions you might have.
Your Licensing ExamThe examinations are open book. The following reference material is allowed in the examination site: National Electrical Code®, 2020 Edition Candidates are responsible for bringing their own National Electrical Code® (NEC book) to the examination site. Electronic notepads will be provided. What is allowed:
- Any soft-bound edition of the National Electrical Code® may be used for the examination. (Examination questions are based on the current TDLR-adopted bound edition). Loose-leaf, spiral bound, or ring-bound copies of the NEC book, will NOT be allowed in the examination room.
- Candidate’s NEC book may be highlighted, underlined, and/or contain notes prior to the examination session.
- NEC books may be tabbed with permanent index tabs manufactured and/or provided by the NEC book publisher.
- Candidates may NOT write, highlight, underline, index, or mark their NEC book during the examination session.
- Candidates are not permitted to have their NEC books tabbed with homemade, DIY, or non-NEC tabs. • Any additional paper (loose, taped, adhered, stapled, etc.) will not be allowed in the examination room.
- Loose-leaf, spiral bound, or ring-bound copies of the NEC book, will not be allowed in the examination room.
- The NEC Handbook is not allowed in the examination room.