Alabama Electrical Contractor License and Exam
This course covers information regarding the National Electrical Code and other material used for your state exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory (This includes additional NEC practice, electrical theory, calculations and transformer information)
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Books and References for the Exam
- The following references are used on the both the Electrical Contractor and Electrical Journeyman examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractor’s bookstore. Your references are permitted to be tabbed and highlighted.
The following reference is used the Electrical Contractor examination only. It may be purchased from our online contractor’s bookstore.
Applying for Licensure
The examination/application fee (paid directly to the board) is $165.00 whereas the fee to obtain the license is an additional $200.00.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Alabama Electrical Contractor exam consists of 110 questions and has a time limit of five hours.
- The examination is OPEN book.
- A score of 75% (83 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Business Management and Law is incorporated within this examination.
- To schedule an examination, contact ProV at 1-866-720-7768.
Contractors are required to complete 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years. We offer this online. Click here to learn more.
This license has reciprocity with Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.