Florida Business & Finance, Contract Administration, and Project Management Exam Prep
Includes the following 2 courses:
- Florida Business and Finance Exam Review
- Florida Contract/Project Administration Exam Review
This package includes all of these items:
Florida Business and Finance Exam Prep$274.99
Florida Contract & Project Administration Exam Prep$274.99
Books and References for the Exam
The following references can be taken into the exam. These references are available for purchase from our online contractors’ bookstore.
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, latest edition
- Builder’s Guide to Accounting, 2001
- Florida Contractor’s Manual, 2021
- AIA A201 – General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
- AIA A401 – Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- AIA A701 – Instructions to Bidders, 2018
Applying for Licensure
To apply for a registered contractor’s licensed in Florida:
- Download and complete the application for the Florida State Construction Examination.
- If you pass the exam or if you have a Certificate of Competency, you can download and complete the full application packet for an individual general contractor or a qualifying business.
- Next, you will need the following:
- A credit score report as proof of financial stability and responsibility.
- A copy of the Certificate of Competency issued by the local jurisdiction, if you decide to present this over taking the written exam.
Once you complete the application (for either the certified or general license), it should be sent to:
State of Florida
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783
- Applicants for a certified Florida contractor license are required to pass the Florida State Construction Examination
- The Florida contractor exam will be administered through Professional Testing, Inc.
- Before beginning your application for a contractor’s license, you need to have passed this exam. The exam has three parts you must pass:
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Business and Finance
- Parts 1 and 2 are paper-and-pencil tests may be taken in Tallahassee, Orlando, or Miami. The exams are scheduled in February, April, June, August, October, and December. Part 3 can be done on a computer.
- Instead of taking the Florida State Construction Examination, applicants for a registered Florida contractor license can present a Certificate of Competency issued by the local building authority in the jurisdiction(s) in which they wish to work.
- The exam will charge you a $135 registration fee and an $80 exam site admin fee.
What's Included In This Course
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.