Florida Contract/Project Administration Exam Review
The Florida Contractor Exam Review Online includes:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Accounting and Finance Math
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try.
In order to get your contractor license in Florida, you must first pass your exams and go through the process conducted through the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board, which operates under the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). By allowing us to be the chosen provider for exam prep courses, continuing education credits and a variety of other courses, students can be assured they are receiving state and industry approved training.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Requirements To Get A License
The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board offers many different contractor license types. As different license types allow for varying work parameters, requirements and supporting documents may change slightly for your individual application process. However, the board will require most applicants to:
- Be 18 years of age.
- Show proof of financial solvency — Including submitting proof of a FICO credit score of a minimum of 660. You may purchase a surety bond if your credit score is lower.
- Scan and comply with an electronic fingerprint. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement offers a list of approved Livescan Device Vendors.
- Provide proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Pass a Florida State Construction Examination.
- Fill out your application.
- Pay all application and licensing fees.
- Several licenses, including the general contractor licenses below, will have additional requirements to be met.
Applying for Licensure
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation has contracted with Professional Testing, Inc., to register candidates, develop, and score professional examinations for the Construction Industry Licensing Board. Individuals desiring to sit for construction trade knowledge, contract administration, project management, or business & finance examination parts are required to apply directly with Professional Testing, Inc. For more information, including scheduling and examination references, visit the Construction Examinations Information page.
All examinations are open book and consist of multiple-choice questions. You should be prepared to respond to examination questions on any of the content areas included in the examination content outline. Use the links below to view examination content outlines.
Building Contractor Contract Administration (Current)
Building Contractor Contract Administration (Effective January 1, 2020)
Building Contractor Project Management (Current)
Building Contractor Project Management (Effective January 1, 2020)
There are no contributions yet.