Georgia Electrical Exam Prep
The Georgia Electrical Exam Review includes narrated highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test-taking tips and strategies. Topics include contract management, tax basics, scheduling and project management, employee relations, circuits, grounding, fuse and breakers, metal tubing, conduit, motors, generators, pathways, wiring and more. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are available for purchase from our online contractors’ bookstore.
- American Electricians’ Handbook
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law, and Project Management
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Title 29, Part 1926
- 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Printreading Based on the 2017 NEC
- Ugly’s Electrical References
The following references are also needed for the exam. They are available to print online free of charge.
Applying for Licensure
To apply, contact the state of Georgia at 1-478-207-2440. The application must be submitted to the Board at least 60 days before the next scheduled exam date. Applicants should receive an approval letter approximately 30 days prior to the exam. After the exam, passing candidates will receive their licenses in approximately six weeks.
- The testing company is AMP (1-800-345-6559)
- Only offered three times per year and open book
- 140 questions and an 8-hour time limit
- The exam is divided into two parts with 4 hours for each half. Thirty questions are Business and Law type questions and 110 are technical questions. It is all multiple-choice.
- 70% is required to pass the exam
What's Included In This Course
This course covers information regarding the National Electrical Code and other material used for your state exam. In this course you will find:
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory (This includes additional NEC practice, electrical theory, calculations and transformer information)
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.