Ohio Electrical License Exam Prep
- Our online electrical exam review is one of the best online exam review programs.
- The program takes you through each one of the reference books that you are allowed to use during the examination showing you exactly what to highlight.
- After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented.
- Also, there is an extensive math and theory portion. The entire program is fully narrated.
Ohio Electrical License Examination Materials:
- Ugly’s Electrical References 2023
- 2017 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70
Books and References for the Exam
- These books are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.The following references are allowed in the testing center:
- National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition
- Ugly’s Electrical References
- Electrical Field Reference Handbook
Applying for Licensure
- Complete the license application accurately and mail it with a $25 application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Treasurer, State of Ohio at the address listed below.
- The license application fee is nonrefundable.
- Upon receipt of your application, OCILB will determine your eligibility to take the examination.
Ohio Department of Commerce
Division of Industrial Compliance
Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board
6606 Tussing Road, P.O. Box 4009
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-9009
- 100 questions and a time limit of 4 hrs
- Topics on the examination includes: General electrical knowledge, transformers and equipment, service feeders and branch circuits, raceways, boxes, and panelboards, conductors and cables, control devices, motors and generators, utilization equipment, and special occupancy.
- Call PSI for testing info at 1-800-733-9267
- 10 hours total.
- 5 of the 10 hours must be in code
- There are agreements with Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia.
What's Included In This Course
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.