Oklahoma HVACR Exam Review
The Oklahoma Exam Review includes the following:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
*The Business and Law Exam must be passed to become a licensed contractor
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- ACCA Ductulator
- Manual J*
- Manual N*
*Are used only on the contractor exam and not the journeyman exam.
Applying for Licensure
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board calling 1-405-271-5217.
Application and License Fees
- HVACR Contractor $330.00 (License $300.00 / Processing $30.00)
- HVACR Journeyman (Reciprocal or otherwise) $75.00 (License $50.00 / Processing $25.00)
Licenses are good for 1 year.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- The contractor exam has 90 questions and a time limit of 240 minutes. A score of 75% is needed to pass.
- The journeyman exam has 70 questions and a time limit of 180 minutes. A score of 75% is needed to pass.
- The exam fee is $88. If you are sitting for the trade exam and the business law exam in the same session, the fee for both parts combined is $88.
- Topics on the exam include electrical knowledge and controls, natural gas, air distribution systems, refrigeration and air conditioning systems, heating systems, and safety.
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.