Virginia Commercial Building Exam Review
- Our online commercial building exam review is one of the best online exam review programs.
- The program takes you through each one of the reference books that you are allowed to use during the examination showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion.
- The entire program is fully narrated.
Description, benefits & features
This course is made up of a detailed presentation that takes you through all the information you will need to pass the exam on your first try.
- This license includes remodeling and construction of commercial, industrial, institutional, governmental, and accessory use buildings or structures.
- Our program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight.
- There are optional practice tests as well as an extensive math and plans analysis portion.
- @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
How Do I Get My License?
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam. (Pre-approval is required)
Requirements To Get A License
- Must also obtain a Contractor’s Class A, B, or C License
- The Board for Contractors licenses businesses engaged in the construction, removal, repair, or improvement of facilities on property owned by others.
- Contractor licenses consist of two parts: the class of license (A, B, or C), which determines the monetary value of contracts/projects that may be performed, and the classification/specialty, which determines what type of work is allowed.
- The Board also licenses tradesmen, as well as individuals and firms engaged in residential building energy analysis, which involves evaluation of energy consumption and recommendations to improve energy efficiency.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references can be taken into the exam. These references are available for purchase from our online bookstore.
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- 2015 International Building Code
- Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, 2009
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Placing Reinforcing Bars
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Roofing Construction & Estimating
- Modern Masonry
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
Applying for Licensure
To apply for a license, contact:
Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
9960 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
Virginia exams are given by:
PSI Licensure: Certification
ATTN: Exam Registration
3805 Cutshaw Ave., Suite 310
Richmond, VA 23230
Majeeda Bey (verified owner)
This course was the missing piece to help me pass the contractor’s exam. After attempting to study on my own, I found this resource, which gave me the strategy to prepare and pass the exam. The highlighting and verbal dictation helped to reinforce the information, and the detailed practice quizzes with page notations was helpful in locating the information and being able to recall it during the exam. I don’t know that I could have passed without this resource, as most of the questions from the test came directly from the highlighted resources and were related to or similar to the practice questions. Worth every penny.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Thank you so much for your feedback Majeeda!