Virginia Commercial Building Exam Review
- Our online commercial building exam review is one of the best online exam review programs.
- The program takes you through each one of the reference books that you are allowed to use during the examination showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion.
- The entire program is fully narrated.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references can be taken into the exam. These references are available for purchase from our online bookstore.
- 2015 International Building Code, soft-cover
- ANSI A117.1-2009 Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities
- Carpentry & Building Construction, 6th Ed, 2016
- Contractors Guide to Quality Concrete Construction 4th Ed.
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th
- Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Girders
- Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
- Modern Masonry, 8th ed. 2016
- OSHA 29. CFR 1926 for Contractors Highlighted & Tabbed
- Pipe & Excavation Contracting
- Placing Reinforcing Bars 10th, 2019
- Roofing Construction & Estimating, 7th Printing/2007
- Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, 2015 .pdf
Applying for Licensure
To apply for a license, contact:
Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
9960 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
Virginia exams are given by:
PSI Licensure: Certification
ATTN: Exam Registration
3805 Cutshaw Ave., Suite 310
Richmond, VA 23230