Virginia Commercial Building Exam Prep
- Our online commercial building exam review is one of the best online exam review programs.
- The program takes you through each one of the reference books that you are allowed to use during the examination showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion.
- The entire program is fully narrated.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references can be taken into the exam. These references are available for purchase from our online bookstore.
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- 2015 International Building Code
- Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, 2009
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Placing Reinforcing Bars
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Roofing Construction & Estimating
- Modern Masonry
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
Applying for Licensure
To apply for a license, contact:
Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
9960 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
Virginia exams are given by:
PSI Licensure: Certification
ATTN: Exam Registration
3805 Cutshaw Ave., Suite 310
Richmond, VA 23230
What's Included In This Course
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.