Maryland HVACR Exam Prep
We offer review for the exam in an online format. The online full exam review includes hundreds of questions and covers key concepts that you will be tested on.
- Study Tips
- Highlighting Guide
- Instructor Support
- Practice Exams
- Math and Calculations
- Licensing Information
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- ACCA Ductulator
- Manual J
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
Applying for Licensure
To apply for a license, contact:
Maryland Board of HVACR Contractors
500 North Calvert Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
The application/license fees are as follows:
- Master: $75
- Master Restricted: $25 for each category, maximum $75*
- Limited: $75
- Inspector: $0
- Journeyman (including Journeyman Restricted): $20
- The Maryland HVACR Master and Journeyman Contractor exams have 100 questions and a time limit of 240 minutes.
- The Limited HVACR Contractor exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes.
- All exams require a 70% to pass.
- Topics on the examinations include electrical knowledge, motors and controls; piping; refrigeration and air conditioning; heating systems; air distribution systems and safety.
- The fee for the exam is $150 and pre-approval is required.
- PSI Examination services provides examination services for the Board of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
What's Included In This Course
- Highlighting guides
- Practice quizzes
- Math, Calculations and Theory
- Instructor Support
- Test Taking Tips
Our courses are designed to help you become familiar with the references and allow you to find the information quickly as the exams are timed. We offer highlighting guides to draw attention to key points throughout the book and tabs (sold separately) to allow you to find key sections quickly. We encourage you to take the practice exams multiple times as the questions on the test change each time.