Tennessee Contractor Exam Prep Live Seminar – Residential, Commercial, Industrial Package
- Our live seminars are taught by industry professional with over 30 years’ experience.
- All required books for your exam (based on license type) are included in your bundle along with pre-printed tabs.
- You will also receive an online exam prep course you can access 24/7 up to 1 year from purchase.
- For locations, dates, and times please see below:
This package includes all of these items:
Tennessee Contractor Live Seminar (Seminar Only)$529.99
Tennessee Residential/Commercial/Industrial Contractor License
Tennessee Business and Law Exam
2012 International Building Code
ACI 530/530.1-13: Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures and Companion
Carpentry and Building Construction 16th edition
Erectors' Manual, Erection of Precast Concrete
Gypsum Construction Handbook 7th Edition
Handling and Erection of Steel Joist and Joist Girders
Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
Pipe and Excavation Contracting
Placing Reinforcing Bars 10th ed
Roofing Construction & Estimating Revised
Training Manual for Un-bonded Post-Tensioning
Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business and Law Permanent Tabs
Tennessee Residential/Commercial/Industrial Tab Pack
Tennessee, Contractors Guide to Business and Project Management
Modern Masonry, 9th Edition
Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures 17th edition
29 CFR OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations & Standards, July 2022 Edition
2018 International Residential Code
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are included in this package.
For the Business and Law Exam, the following reference is included:
- Contractors’ Guide to Business, Law and Project Management – Tennessee Edition
- Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business and Law Permanent Tabs
For the Trade Exam, the following references are included:
- International Building Code, 2012
- International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings, 2018
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- Modern Masonry – Brick, Block, Stone
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
- Placing Reinforcing Bars
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
- Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning – Level 1 Field Fundamentals
- Erectors’ Manual – Standards and Guidelines for the Erection of Pre-Cast Concrete Products
- ACI 530/530.1-13: Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures and Companion Commentaries
- ACI 318-14: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary
- Tennessee Residential/Commercial/Industrial Tab Pack
We offer assistance with your application
Applying for Licensure
Applications are available from the Licensing Board at:
Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors
500 James Robertson Pkwy, 1st Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-1150
- Applications for Licensure must be submitted by the 20th of the month prior to the month in which the board has their next meeting.
- The Board meets in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- The examination is given by PSI. It is an open-book timed test with 100 questions and a 5-hour time limit.
- In order to pass you must answer 73 questions correct (73%).
- The exam fee is $57. If the exam is failed three times, the applicant will have to interview with the board before retesting.
- Exam topics include Sitework, Footings, and Foundations, Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement, Masonry, Carpentry, Metals, Roofing & Associated Trades, General Code, Plan Reading, Estimating and OSHA Safety