Tennessee Contractor Live Seminar (Seminar Only)
This 2-Day seminar provides everything you need to pass the Tennessee Contractor License Exam, including:
• Highlighting Guides
• Math and Calculations
• Study Tips
• Licensing Information
• Instructor Support
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are available for purchase from our online contractors’ bookstore.
- Tennesse Business and Law
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- ACI 530/530.1-13
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
- Erectors’ Manual Erection of Precast Concrete
- Gypsum Construction Handbook 7th Edition
- Handling and Erection of Steel Joist and Joist Girders
- Manual of Construction with Steel Deck
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Placing Reinforcing Bars 10th Edition
- Roofing Construction Estimating
- Training Manual for Un-bonded Post-Tensioning
- Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business and Law Permanent Tabs
- Tennessee Residential/Commercial Tab Pack
- NASCLA Contractors Guide
- Mancomm 29 CFR
- Modern Masonry 9th Edition
Applying for Licensure
A Tennessee contractor’s license is required first prior to bidding, contracting or offering a price to perform work. A contractor’s license is required in Tennessee (TN) prior to bidding any project that exceeds $25,000. Subcontractors who perform work in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC projects exceeding $25,000 are also required to be licensed.
Per the process conducted through the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, the first step to get a contractors license is to pass two exams: a Business & Law exam and a trade exam (for various classifications). On the application, you must also specify the classification of license you are applying for. Here is a complete list of license classifications and exams needed.
Need study materials to pass your exam(s)? All @HomePrep exam prep courses and continuing education credits ensure you receive state and industry approved training. As a national leader in online education and our courses are designed to help you pass your exams with confidence!
Tips for Preparing for Your Exam
- Planned preparation increases your likelihood of passing.
- Read study materials that cover all the topics in the content outline.
- Take notes on what you study.
- Study frequently, for periods of 45-60 minutes.
Now you can take the practice exam online at www.psiexams.com to prepare for your Contractor Examination