Tennessee Contractor Live Seminar (Seminar Only)
This 2-Day seminar provides everything you need to pass the Tennessee Contractor License Exam, including:
• Highlighting Guides
• Math and Calculations
• Study Tips
• Licensing Information
• Instructor Support
Description, benefits & features
Our live seminars are taught by industry professional with over 30 years’ experience. This specific product is for the seminar only. If you purchase a any seminar package, all required books for your exam (based on license type) are included in your bundle along with pre-printed tabs. You will also receive an online exam prep course you can access 24/7 up to 1 year from purchase.
For locations, dates, and times please visit here.
How Do I Get My License?
- Purchase the Exam Prep Course — and then study!
- Pass the exam two exams: Business Law & a trade exam.
- Submit your application, licensing fee and proof of insurance.
Here is a complete list of license classifications and exams needed.
Requirements To Get A License
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance requires applicants to:
- Pass the “Business and Law” exam, plus any required trade exam
- Provide a financial statement
- Provide a Reference Letter and Insurance
- Verify Workers’ Comp Insurance is Covered for Working in Tennessee
- Disclose your business structure — Corporations, LLCs, and Limited/General Partnerships must register with the Secretary of State.
- Submit notarized application plus $250 fee.
The average processing time for Tennessee Contractors License applications is approximately 4-6 weeks.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are available for purchase from our online contractors’ bookstore.
For the Business and Law Exam, the following reference is used:
For Trade Exam references, please select the title of your exam below to see your reference list.
- Residential Contractor, (BC -A)
- Combined Residential/Small Commercial Contractor, (BC-A, b (sm))
- Combined Commercial/Industrial/ Residential Contractor, (BC)
Applying for Licensure
A Tennessee contractor’s license is required first prior to bidding, contracting or offering a price to perform work. A contractor’s license is required in Tennessee (TN) prior to bidding any project that exceeds $25,000. Subcontractors who perform work in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC projects exceeding $25,000 are also required to be licensed.
Per the process conducted through the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, the first step to get a contractors license is to pass two exams: a Business & Law exam and a trade exam (for various classifications). On the application, you must also specify the classification of license you are applying for. Here is a complete list of license classifications and exams needed.
Need study materials to pass your exam(s)? All @HomePrep exam prep courses and continuing education credits ensure you receive state and industry approved training. As a national leader in online education and our courses are designed to help you pass your exams with confidence!
Tips for Preparing for Your Exam
- Planned preparation increases your likelihood of passing.
- Read study materials that cover all the topics in the content outline.
- Take notes on what you study.
- Study frequently, for periods of 45-60 minutes.
Now you can take the practice exam online at www.psiexams.com to prepare for your Contractor Examination
There are no contributions yet.